Sunday, October 30, 2005

He really did say, "...your..."

So there are days that I am up for a fight. I can't really explain it, other than my family fought about EVERYTHING, and therefore I am genetically predisposed to fighting. That must be it.

Anyway, we just got into it because of laundry. More specifically me asking him to do it. It went something like this:

SHE: "So would go down and throw some of my black work stuff in the laundry?"

HE: "Um...no. Why don't YOU go down and do your laundry? I don't ever seem to do it right, so maybe you should go do it."

SHE: [FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT]

HE: [FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT]

SHE: "Fine. I'll go down and do MY laundry."

HE: "Well that's nice. Don't do any of mine."

SHE, smugly: "Well, you told me to only do mine."

At this point I'm pretty proud of myself, I stomp down stairs, sort ALL the laundry and start a load of black. With his stuff in it. I walk back upstairs, and HE is busying himself with changing the toilet seat, which we just bought this evening.

HE: "So....you didn't really only do your laundry, right?"

SHE: "Huh. Why yes I did. BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO."

HE: "Sheesh! I did not! That is not what I meant, and you know it. I can't believe you didn't do ANY of my laundry!"

Now at this point, I know that all 2 of you who are reading this may be wondering why exactly I lied about doing his laundry, too. It's just that I can't let him have the satisfaction of knowing that even though he told me to do ONLY my laundry, that I still did his, too. Because that would be mean.

I know. It makes no sense. But that is just the way it is...for now.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm so proud of the more often posting. Woo hoo!