Friday, July 08, 2005

She says...stop the madness!

Dear Terrorists,
So you think that bombing our infrastructure systems, buildings, monuments and any other symbolic feature, will strike fear into our allies, our friends, our families? Well, maybe for a day, for a week, for a year or longer. And perhaps you think that is a victory. I get that.

But what I don't think you get is that there are more optimists than fatalists, and more pacifists than terrorists. While you're actions will exacerbate the fears of the ignorant minority, I truly believe that you strike resolve in the hearts of most of us who will not let you control our lives, and ruin the rest of the world in the process.

Someday allowing for (and possibly embracing) our differences, versus insisting on a "assimilate or die" attitude, may get you a lot further than where you've gotten today.

For today you have reinforced that your ideal will never be. I make that promise to you and to my children.

No comments: